Bean is an excellent source of several nutritional valuables, like- vitamin B6, zinc, copper, iron, protein, folate, high fibre etc. Beans can also help you to reduce the chances of heart diseases. It has the potential to prevent various types of cancer. Beans are also useful in reducing your cholesterol level. This high fibre containing ingredient can reduce your constipation problem. It is also beneficial in treating the haemorrhoids ailments. It is also an outstanding source of protein. It is able to play the role of antioxidant. Beans are also able to control the rapid blood sugar changes.
1. Salad beans (you can use any other bean also)- 1 ¼ ounce (washed & separated)
2. Extra virgin olive oil- 2 tbsp
3. Onion (small size)- 1 (minced)
4. Carrot- ½ cup minced
5. Celery- ¼ cup diced
6. Salt- As per taste
7. Garlic cloves- 3-4 (minced)
8. White wine- ½ cup
9. Bay leaf- 1-2
10. Parmesan cheese (freshly chopped)- ½ cup
11. Whole wheat fettuccine- 8 ounce
12. Parsley-1/4 cup (diced)
13. Tomato- 1 ¼ ounce (diced)
• Boil the beans in water till they turn tender & then drain the water.
• Transfer the ½ cup beans into a small bowl & crush them with a fork.
• Now take a medium sized saucepan & heat oil on medium temperature.
• Pour the chopped onions along with the celery, carrot & salt.
• Stir from time to time & allow it to cook for about 10-15 minutes (till tender).
• Now add the bay leaves & garlic.
• Stir well & allow it to cook till the aroma comes (for about 15-20 seconds).
• Pour the white wine & turn the temperature into high & let it cook until the water has vaporised.
• Now add the crushed beans along with the tomatoes & parsley.
• Allow it cook for almost 6-10 minutes & stir them from time to time.
• Add the leftover whole beans & cook it for 4-5 minutes again.
• In the mean time prepare the pasta as per packet direction.
• Remove the bean mixture from the heat & separate the bay leaves.
• Transfer the pasta in a serving plate & pour the sauce on the top of it.
• Before serving scatter the parmesan cheese along with parsley.