Calcium is beneficial for maintaining the good health of your bones. It has the potential to make your bones stronger. It is also useful for controlling your blood pressure level as well as premenstrual syndrome. Calcium is able to prevent heart attack & lower the risk of colon cancer.
1. Canola oil- 2 tsp
2. Corn tortillas- 12
3. Chilli with meat & beans -1 15 ounce
4. Pinto beans- 1 15 ounce (rinsed)
5. Salt – As per taste
6. Enchilada sauce- 1 ¼ cup
7. Tomato sauce (without salt)- 5 -8 ounce
8. Sour cream- ½ cup (fat free)
9. Plain yoghurt (fat free)- ½ cup
10. Grated onion- 1 tbsp
11. Cheddar cheese (grated)- 1 cup
• At 425 degree F preheat the oven.
• With the non stick cooking spray cover the two baking sheets along with the shallow three quart baking dish.
• On each side of the tortilla lightly brush the oil & scatter salt on it.
• Now make the eight pieces out of the each tortilla & place on the ready baking sheets in a single layer.
• For almost 10-12 minutes allow it to bake (till it gets crispy).
• In the midway of baking don’t forget to turn the baking sheets.
• Take it off from the oven & allow it to cool.
• Now lower the temperature at 375 degree F. take a large sized bowl & combine together pinto beans, enchilada sauce, chilli, onions, ¾ of cheese & tomato sauce.
• Pour the tortilla crisps (4 cup) & with the sauce coat them well.
• Place them on the baking dish & let it bake for almost 30-35 minutes.
• In a small bowl mix together sour cream along with the yoghurt & spread on the top of the baked tortillas.
• Scatter the leftover tortilla crisps & cheese.
• Allow it to bake 5-10 minutes more.