Sleeping is essential for every human being but for the pregnant ladies it is more than a necessity because that time is really different from the normal life time and in this period a woman needs plenty of extra rest to keep going.
As a growing fetus puts lots of strain on the woman’s body that’s why she get tired soon and needs rest. For the best growth of baby the sleeping postures of a woman should be well managed so that the baby doesn’t get harmed. In this article I am going to give you the sleeping tips for different trimester.
- During the pregnancy period try to get as much rest as possible and try to sleep more than your previous routine.
- Going to the bed at same time every night will put our body into a schedule which will be very helpful for you and fetus.
- Sleep with your head and neck elevated to keep the stomach acid down.
- To avoid nightmares avoid too much eating before going to bed and share you fears with your partner and try to get rid of them.
- During the first trimester sleep on you left side as much as you can as this ensures good circulation of blood and for keeping you more comfortable you can use extra pillows between your knees or under your belly.
- You’ll be able to enjoy a better sleep in the 2nd trimester and during that period lie on your sides with knees and hips bent. To take pressure off your lower back place pillows between your knees, under tummy and behind back.
- During the third trimester sleep on your left side so that the blood circulation could be improved towards the fetus, uterus and kidneys. The circulation back towards the heart is also improved in this way.
- During the third trimester if you can’t sleep than get up and do some activities like watching TV, listen to music or do some light house chores.
- If you are getting cramps in your legs then straightly lay down on the bed, straightens your legs and flex your foot upwards in order to get the kink out.
- Try using a body pillow to help ensure a better sleep.
Pregnancy period is the one which demands more rest and no stress because this will ensure the healthy growing of fetus. The ladies who are going through this period should avoid some heavy activities and they should try to have some rest when their body demands rest because this is not the time to work forcefully even if the body wants rest. Try to follow the above mentioned tips as they are really helpful.