Earlier type 2 diabetes was looked upon as an adult ailment, however this concept has changed completely. In the year of 2008 & 2009 almost five thousand people below the age of twenty has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. In the current scenario this ailment is quite common among children of ages between ten to nineteen.
This is a kind of persistent situation which leaves a significant impact on the process of metabolizing glucose undertaken by the human body.
Following signs could help you to detect the problem early:
- Kids suffering from diabetes usually don’t get adequate insulin which can give their cells enough fuel. So food becomes the leading option for providing energy & you can see them getting hungry very frequently.
- When you find your kid extremely tried or feeling sleepy all the time then that’s an indication that something is wrong. This condition is caused because their body might not be getting adequate sugar to activate their usual body activities.
- When you find your kid visiting the restroom quite often, then there might be a chance that high blood sugar level in their blood stream is extracting fluid out of their tissues making them visit the bathroom very frequently.
- Extreme thirst is another indicator of excess blood sugar levels.
- Sometimes insulin hindrance can lead to skin darkness, which is also known as acanthosis nigricans. Usually this problem arises around the neck or armpit areas.
- If your kid is experiencing quite slow rate of healing of their infections or any kind of wounds, this might be the indicator of type 2 diabetes.
- Some more indicators are unusual weight loss, itchy skin, dry mouth, heavy breathing, blurred vision etc.
Children could develop risk of diabetes when they have the following:
- When your child’s body mass index is more than 85% they have greater chances of experiencing type 2 diabetes.
- When family members or close relatives have the same ailment.
- If they are belong to Native American or pacific or Asian islander or African decent or Latino communities.
- Girls have been identified to be more vulnerable to this ailment.
- If they have a problem, known as insulin resistance.
Some other situations, which can contribute to the risk factor are:
- Insufficient exercise or physical activity.
- If an adult family member is overweight, it can affect the kid later.
- Some typical medical situation or hormonal problems.
- Poor eating. Etc.
Some preventive measures that your child can take are:
- Encourage your kid to have a healthy diet. Limit their carbs as well as sugar intake. It could help them minimize the risk for type 2 diabetes.
- Make sure your kid is participating in some regular exercises. You need to limit their board game or television & encourage them to go out & play. Exercise always plays an important role in averting diabetes.
- Healthy lifestyle, like well-balanced diet, regular exercise can help them in maintaining athletic weight.
- They tend to follow you in every aspect of life. So you need to set a good example of a healthy lifestyle in front of them, so that they can follow you without any hesitance.
Probable future side effects:
- Children suffering from type 2 diabetes are more likely to develop some serious health issues as they grow old. Some of such ailments are, vascular ailments, damaging nerve, eye disorder etc. Such problems usually grow faster among children with type 2 diabetes than type 1.
- Problems like hypoglycemia, weight managing problem, high BP, kidney disorder are some other ailments, which they can experience in their lifetime.
Featured Image By: Pixabay
Recently, there has been a shift in parenting technique. Most new parents want to adopt a type of laissez-faire approach to raising their children. As soon as they are old enough, they start allowing them to make their own decisions. This can happen at a very early age and it is often at a point where parents should still have a lot of control over important decisions. Allowing children to make their own decisions at an age that is too young is one way that you can let them get unhealthy. It’s not just about what they eat. It’s whether or not you let them neglect their body. It’s whether or not you let them desensitise their mind. Make no mistake. What you do and what you allow your children to do when they are young has a huge impact on who they become. With that in mind, it’s important to understand what you should be doing to keep your children happy and healthy.
Continue reading “Keep Your Kids Healthy And Happy With These Tips”
Every mother wants the best for her children and no time is more important than the first few years of a baby’s life. Good nutrition is necessary to help a baby stay healthy and strong during this time of rapid growth and change. Commercial baby foods are acceptable and will provide the minimum amount of nutrition, but parents can do more for their babies. Homemade baby foods can be a healthier, more affordable option and preparing them is not as difficult as some may believe. Continue reading “The Benefits of Homemade Baby Food”
Every baby is unique when it comes to mannerisms , likes and dislikes. Their taste in food varies as well. Some of them may enjoy lumpy foods , some may not. So it is very necessary as a parent to watch their activities carefully. There activities will give clues as to whether their bodies are ready to accept finger foods. Only the watchful eye of a parent can make that distinction.
As a rule of thumb it is advised that children should be exposed to finger foods when they are seven months old or more. They tend to enjoy texture in their food between the ages seven to ten months.
Specification of finger foods:
Normally any bit sized portion of food which a child can eat on his own can be termed as a finger food.It is a fun filled journey of self discovery and self reliance which a child enjoys very much and it is a very essential part of their growing up process. It can be a messy affair. But parents are advised not to be in a hurry to clean them. Let them enjoy their fun filled frolic.
Continue reading “Finger Foods For Babies”
Have you been looking for baby accessories on OLX – for babies and children? Baby related products and accessories are definitely expensive and they can impact your monthly budget if you are not sure how to look out for the best deals. Many first time parents look out for the right kind of deals that they find on the internet because they want to save time and money. On the other, you will find many parents that believe in buying baby products from the store because they want to make sure that they are buying the right products and that they have touched and seen it before they buy it.
Continue reading “Buying Products Online for Babies and Children”
While technologies have made life simple for us, but in many ways technology has also made us lazy and dependent on machines which is not a good thing in many aspect. Kids today around the world are more involved in smartphones, tablets, and video games rather than playing outdoor games and doing activities that would keep them healthy. The unhealthy trend of fast food on the other hand is creating more problems that not only affects adults but also impacts the health of our kids. This is why many parents today make sure that they provide better items that can provide more exercise for kids.
Continue reading “How You Can Make Your Kids Exercise without Pressurizing Them?”