For averting or relieving chest pain this nitrate medication is mostly used. Nitroglycerin is also known for its ability to approve extra flow of blood to your heart which keeps your heart healthy. It belongs to a drug group known as nitrates, which contains additional nitrates like isosorbide monoitrate as well as isosorbide dinitrate. When it’s known as nitroglycerin, glyceryl trinitrate, it’s usually used for heart treating medicine (trade names like- tridil, nitrospan, mitrostat etc.). It’s also used for angina pectoris medicines, in the form of ointment, tablet, spray etc.
Side effects of Nitroglycerin:
• You can experience pale skin or dry mouth etc.
• Consuming nitroglycerin can also instigate the problems like- rapid heartbeat, blurred vision, nausea etc.
• When the drug leaves impact over your breast milk, then consult your doctor before starting to breast feed your child.
• If you need this medicine during pregnancy, then consult with your doctor very clearly before taking it.
• You can also suffer from severe allergic reactions (swelling, rash, breathing problem, itchiness etc). In such a situation don’t waste any time in consulting your doctor.
• If you have any medical history related with glaucoma or head surgery or drug allergies or heart ailments, clearly state to your doctor before you start taking the medicine.
• Because taking nitroglycerin you can experience flushing, headache, burning under the tongue, restlessness etc.
• Always try to maintain the perfect level of doses, if you find something wrong or overdose then immediately contact your doctor or emergency. Some symptoms related with overdose are: vomiting, vision changes, dizziness, flushing, changes in your heart rate etc.