Joint pain is also referred to as arthralgia that can affect one or more joints of the body.
Joint pain is usually swelling, soreness, and feeling of discomfort or hardness of muscles or joint of body. The main function of joints is to facilitate the movement of various part of the body.
Joints are very sensitive part of body and they can not even bear excess pressure or injury. Human body is totally relying on joint so one feels discomfort when joints are injured or swell.
It is natural phenomena that when we grow old some parts of our body begin to deteriorate in their functioning and they affect each other. Joint pain is disease which is caused by old age.
It is very common disease among adult people especially those who have age of 45 and above. Many people of this age group face the problem of creaking of knees, hips and ankles.
Joint pain can become reason of serious problems which are linked with serious diseases like arthritis, gout. Osteoarthritis, tendonitis or even infections. The pain of joints affect your whole body not only your joints because when you are suffering from joint pain you can cot move your body.
Joint Pain Symptoms
Symptoms of joint pain may include pain, swelling, muscular pain, stiffness in joints. The joint which is affected may be red, swollen and painful to touch and restrict the mobility. Other symptoms are involuntary weight loss and joint pain continues beyond three days.
Joint Pain Causes
There are a lot causes of joint pain.
- Wear and tear, such as injury, fractures, stress from overuse or osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is very common form of joint soreness and joints pain.
- Metabolic disorder such as gout and pseudogout are cause of joint pain.
- Septic arthritis which is infection of joints.
- Autoimmune disorder in which human body produce antibiotic against its own tissues. These disorders include Rheumatoid arthritis which is Infectious diseases and conditions that can cause joint pain include septic arthritis and rheumatic fever.
Joint Pain Diagnosis
Joint pain is a disease which affects people of all age. It is very common in athletes because of sport injury and older people because their bones are weak. It is very important to diagnose the cause of joint pain and then determine the best course of treatment. Doctor can determine the cause of joint pain by doing physical examination, clinical history, X-ray, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), bone scans, and blood and urine tests.
Joint Pain Remedies
Here are the some remedies which help you to get rid of joint pain.
- Use stretching exercises that help you to strengthen the muscles around your joints.
- If you are overweight your fatness causes a lot of stress of joints so you have to reduce your weight.
- Some food like dairy product meat of beef and lamb intensify the pain so you have to avoid these foods.
- Take that food which has contained good amount of calcium because it is advisable for making bones stronger. Calcium very important for older people to get relief from joint pain.
- People who are suffering from joint pain take sun bath it is very effective for joint pain.
Joint Pain Home Remedies
As we know that home remedies are very effective and affordable. Some of the home remedies to get rid of joint pain are as follow
- Massage of affected area with oil it will provide you relief from pain.
- To get relief from pain eat fried garlic cloves in butter.
- Take a warm bath it is very good and provide a quick relief from the joint pain.
- Mixed three teaspoons of turmeric powder in a glass of warm water and take it at least 3 times a day.
- Try to eat chapatti which is made of roasted grams flour with clarified butter.
- One of the best home remedy for joint pain is that make porridge of two teaspoons of winter cherry, ghee and molasses mix them well and take is porridge with empty stomach for 15 days.
- If you take one teaspoon of turmeric powder in hot milk it will provide you relief from all kind of body pain.
- Carrot juice is also very good and or provide strengthen the ligaments.
- Daily rub the aching joint with warm vinegar. It is the best home remedy for older people joints.
- Increase the amount of oil which is rich in omega 3 fatty acid and vitamin.
- Mix two teaspoons of vinegar and one teaspoon of honey in hot water. It is very useful remedy.
- In small glass of water mix two teaspoons of cider vinegar and one teaspoon of honey take this mixture 2 times a day. It is beneficial home remedy to get relief from joint pain.
- Make a mixture of two part of olive oil and one part of kerosene oil and massage on affected area it will give you relief from joint pain.
Joint Pain Herbs Remedies
- In old time people use herbs to get rid of joint pain or all kind of other pain.
- Arthcare oil is one of the herb which not only give you relief from rheumatic arthritic but also strengthen your bones.
- Shallaki which is known as boswellia provide you relief from rheumatic arthritic, chronic colitis, crohn’s diseases.
- Ashwagandha which is known as withania somnifera is an Asian plant of patots family. Its roots are used to treat rheumatic arthritic, high blood pressure, reaction problems etc.
- Ginger provides muscular comfort.
- Make a mixture of camphor, methyl, salicylate, eucalyptus oil and rub it on affected area it will provide you relief and it is very effective herbs remedy.
To cope up with the painful joint it is very important to take self care. If you take a healthy diet and a good exercise and stretching program that will help you to increase mobility, flexibility and levels of fitness and provide relief from joint pain. however Athletes should restrict strenuous activities when injured and during the recovery process. Alternative methods like heat and ice or applying pain patches can offer safe and effective relief from joint pain.