Some types of disease are caused by way of life. The way how you live your life effect the quality of life.
Your entire body is depending on how you value your life. Diabetic retinopathy may a bigger issue of diabetic mellitus.
Retina is that part of the eyes which is liable to provide specific eyesight. Diabetic retinopathy is happens when the calliperies in the retina are damage which is caused by all forms of diabetes. If a person intake large amount of sweets he or she will suffer from diabetes that will make the blood vessels sweaty. So as the result it is difficult for the blood to flow inside the various arteries along with capillaries from the system which in turn effects to be able to blood over crowding.
Stages of Diabetic Retinopathy
There are different stages of diabetic retinopathy. So we will discuss it here one by one.
- The very first stage of diabetic retinopathy is Mild Nonproliferative Retinopathy in which at the initial stage microaneurysms are occurred in this stage in the tiny blood vessels of retina is swelling like balloon.
- Moderate Nonproliferative Retinopathy is second stage if diabetic retinopathy in which growth of disease is occurring so some of the blood vessels which nourish the retina are blocked.
- Severe Nonproliferative Retinopathy is third stage of diabetic retinopathy. In this stage most of blood vessels are chunked, and not able to provide blood to the different parts of the retina. These areas of retina become alert and send signal to the body to produce new blood vessels which are necessary for the nourishment.
- Proliferative Retinopathy is fourh and final stage which is the advance stage when signal are send to the body to grow new blood vessels this process is called proliferative retinopathy. The new blood vessels are abnormal and delicate. The growth is occur beside the retina an beside the surface of the clear, vitreous gel that fill up the inside of the eye. vision loss is not because of these vessels of blood. Still they are slight and fragile walls. But if they do not have sufficient blood the it may cause loss of vision and resultantly blindness occur.
Causes of Diabetic Retinopathy
Here are the different causes of diabetic retinopathy
- If the person is suffering from diabetic for longer period of time there are higher chances that he or she will have diabetic retinopathy.
- If a person’s sugar level is high for long period of time than it will cause in ruining the small blood vessel in the back of retina.
- Blood vessels become leaky and blocked the vessels.
Risk Involve for the Diabetic Retinopathy
The people who are suffering from diabetic they are at risk. It is recommended by the doctors that person who is suffering from diabetic must check or examine their eyes at least once a year. The person who is suffering from diabetic for so many years he/she will have more chance to get diabetic retinopathy. Diabetic retinopathy may be problem for pregnant women who are already suffering from diabetic during their pregnancy. So pregnant women must have comprehensive dilated eyes examination as soon as possible to protect their vision.
Protection of Vision
There are no symptoms of proliferative retinopathy and Macular edema development. But it may lose your entire vision. You have to proper check up of tour eyes and your eye care professional will better tell you about either which stage of diabetic retinopathy you are suffering from. Early detection and proper treatment will allow you to prevent vision loss.
People of every stage must have control over the sugar do not take too much sugar because it is very dangerous for health. One of the studies has shown that if person control their blood pressure and cholesterol then they can easily minimize the risk of vision loss.
Symptoms of Diabetic Retinopathy
At initial stage of diabetic retinopath there is no symptoms as such and person feel no pain. You must not wait for any symptoms and do proper eye check up once in a year.
Sometimes person have problem of unclear vision, the reason of unclear vision is the macula which is the part of the retina and main purpose of this is to provide spiky central vision bloat from leaking fluid. This situation of diabetic retinopathy is known as macular edema.
When new blood vessels raise on the shell of the retina then bleeding will started into the eye which cause block vision.
Treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy
No treatment is required for the first stages of diabetic retinopathy. When you have macular edema then you have to treat it properly. If you want to prevent the growth of diabetic retinopathy then you have to control your sugar level, blood pressure and cholesterol in blood.
Last stage of diabetic retinopathy which is Proliferative retinopathy is usually treated by the laser surgery this treatment is known as scatter laser treatment. This treatment usually help to shrink the irregular blood vessels.
In the treatment of laser the eye care professional puts 1,000 to 2,000 laser burns in the parts of the retina that is away from the macula, in the result abnormal blood vessels shrink because for this treatment hig number of laser burns are required for it. This treatment is usually completed in two or more sessions. It is notice that scatter laser treatment protect the rest of vision from loss. It is the best treatment before the new blood vessels started to bleed. That’s why it is important to have regular check up of your eyes. If the bleeding is started still scatter laser treatment is possible but it is depending upon the amount of bleeding. But in other case if bleeding is severe then you have to do surgical procedure which is known as vitrectomy. Blood is removed from center of eyes during vitrectomy process.
Eyesight is one of the precious gift from God that diabetes can steal away. If you are suffering from diabetes then you have your eyes examined regularly and properly. If you are more concerned about diabetic retinopathy then you have to talk to your doctor or eye care professional about your medical condition and risks. You have to take proper treatment of it on time.