Leg cramp is an excessively painful as well as uncomfortable situation. It mostly occurs at quadriceps, calf muscles & hamstrings. When the instinctive condensation occurs in a group of muscles or in a single muscle then cramp happen.
Reasons of leg cramps:
• Dehydration can be a cause of leg cramps.
• Sometime we indulge ourselves in some unusual exercises, which can lead to leg cramps.
• Overweight is another major reason for leg cramps.
• Sometimes pregnant women have been found to be suffering from the cramp.
• Medicinal side effects as well as muscle ailments are also responsible for the cramp.
• Insufficient blood circulation can encourage the leg cramps too.
• If you are suffering from blood calcium deficiency then the problem can also occur.
Effective treatments for leg cramps:
• Arrange for some essential oils, like- rosemary, eucalyptus & lavender oils. Massage the area gently with these oils & then use a hot towel to enfold the area.
• People who are suffering from very frequent leg cramps can go for some calf muscles exercises. Press your toes against the wall & then extend your calf muscles. Do this for 15-20 minutes.
• Try to include food products in your regular diet which are rich sources of magnesium, calcium, potassium etc.
• Prepare a mixture of apple cider vinegar (1 tsp), calcium lactate (1 tbsp) & honey (1 tsp). Consume the mixture once regularly.
• Consume a glass of milk (lukewarm) before going to sleep is a good relief from leg cramps.
• Banana is a rich source of potassium, so banana consumption can also give you some useful remedy.
• You can also pour hot water into a bottle & then apply it on the affected area.
• Honey is also very useful for treating leg cramps. So ingesting 2 tsp of honey is quite helpful.
• Going for hot shower before bed is also quite beneficial. You can also gush the hot water on the affected area.