Over eating can happen because of various reasons, it can be because of excessive boredom or stress or anxiety or some other emotions or just as a habit. Along with ruining your figure it can also instigate some other problems. Overeating is in itself a disorder & you need to rectify it.
• You need to stick to your promise from the very first meal of the day. Begin your day with some healthy (full of fiber as well as proteins) breakfast.
• Eat the amount you can consume, don’t try to finish every item on your plate. Try to create a conception that you are eating to live a healthy life, not to replenish your tummy.
• Try to indulge yourself in some creative works. It will distract your attention from food items & you will be able to overcome your over eating habit.
• In some serious cases you need to consult with a counsellor. However you need to create a strong will power to overcome the situation.
• Sit comfortably when you eat & also take some quality time to chew the food well. It will help you to feel full quite fast.
• Start your dinner with salad or a soup, it will lower your hunger & help you to eat within your limit.
• Never go with the size of the food. Learn to value the calories rather than the size of the food.
• Whenever you feel hungry drink some water. It will help you to reduce the food urge.
• When you are excessively stressed go out & have some walk or engage yourself in some creative work, rather than finding comfort in a chocolate bar.
• Though in small amounts, but take the regular meal. It will secure your body & minimize your hunger.
• Every time you eat, try to get small amounts of food on your plate. It will help you to limit your food consumption.
• When you are having a meal, do it with full attention. Having your meal in-front of television can divert your attention & lead to over eating.
• In some cases we eat excessively because of out habit, so try to overpower the urge of over eating.
• Sometimes because of our emotional circumstances we like to find some comfortable areas in food items, which is not at all acceptable. In such a condition rather that sticking to unhealthy over eating go out & pamper yourself in a spa etc.
• Loss of energy can lead to over eating, so try to keep your energy alive & switch to healthy foods like fruits instead of having a meal (when you feel down).
[…] Source: EditorS […]