Dietary fiber has the potential to improve your constipation problem. It is able to reduce the chances of digestive disorders. Fiber is beneficial for controlling your bad cholesterol level & is also useful for the people suffering from diabetes. Several studies have also revealed that fiber can lower the risk of colorectal cancer. So try the following preparation.
1. Low fat kielbasa- 8 ounce (chopped in half inch slices)
2. Onion (medium size)- 2 (minced)
3. Extra virgin olive oil- 1-2 tbsp
4. Zucchini (medium sized)- 2 (chopped into half inch pieces)
5. Red bell pepper (large size)- 1 (minced & seeded)
6. Garlic clove- 1 (chopped)
7. Jalapeno pepper- 2 (diced & seeded)
8. Water- ½ cup
9. Black beans- 1 1/5 ounce (rinced)
10. Brown rice (cooked)- 2 cup
11. Salt- As per taste
12. Ground cumin- ½ tsp
13. Oregano (dried)- ½ tsp
14. Hot sauce/Tabasco- According to taste
• Take a large sized non-stick skillet & put it on the high temperature.
• Add the kielbasa & allow it to cook till it turns light brown in colour (time to time turn the kielbasa).
• Remove from the heat & keep in a separate plate.
• Now take a frying pan and heat oil in it.
• Pour the bell peppers along with the onion, zucchini, jalapeno, salt, cumin, garlic & oregano.
• Stir well & allow it to fry till the onions get the tender texture (for almost 5 minutes).
• Now add the cooked rice, water & beans.
• Stir properly & allow it to cook for almost 4-5 minutes.
• Pour the fried kielbasa & use the hot sauce for seasoning.