Skin Cancer Prevention
The most common skin cancers are melanoma, basal cell cancer & squamous cell cancer. Basically it’s a type of malignant growth. At the early stages most of these ailments are detectable.
Sun exposure is one of the major reasons of skin cancer. But you can’t just confine yourself within the home, specially if you are a working person.
- Reduce the sun-exposure as much as you can (specially from the strongest rays 10 am- 4 pm). From TV and newspaper you can find out the UV index at your area.
- Before going out don’t forget to apply sunscreen lotion (30 minutes before you go out) with SPF factor of 15 or upward.
- To protect your lip use lip balm/cap stick with SPF assurance.
- Whenever going out try to wear clothes to cover certain parts of your body . Use full-sleeved top/shirts/t-shirts or things that protect your neck/shoulder etc.
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen on your neck, ear etc.
- For protection of your eyes wear sun glasses. Try to buy UV absorption glasses.
- Go for monthly check up of your skin.
- If you are under any medication, then ask your doctor whether that medicine can cause your skin to react improperly to sunlight.
- Try to stay under shade wherever possible.
- Fresh vegetables & fruits are an excellent source of anti-oxidants; try to add vegetables & fruits as much as you can in your daily diet.
- Try to lower the animal fat content from your daily diet.
- Excessive alcohol consumption can increase the risk, so control this injurious habit.