Calcium is the main content that keeps our bones & teeth healthy. It has the potential to reduce the risk of osteoporosis. It’s also beneficial in controlling your blood pressure level. Calcium is useful in reducing the chances of heart ailments & is also able to give a good remedy for the people suffering from insomnia.
So try the following high calcium content recipe.
1. Lime juice- ¼ cup
2. Sugar- 1 tsp
3. Sesame oil- 4 tsp
4. Soy sauce (sodium reduced)- 4 tsp
5. Canola oil- 2 tbsp
6. Jalapeno pepper- 2 (seeded & diced)
7. Raw shrimp- 1 1/3 pound (peeled & divided)
8. Kosher salt- ½ tsp
9. Freshly ground pepper- 1 tsp
10. Five spice powder- 1 tsp (blend of star anise, Szechwan peppercorns, fennel seeds, cinnamon & cloves)
11. Cornstarch/rice flour- ¼ cup
12. Cabbage- 6cup (sliced finely)
13. Bell pepper (red/orange) – 2 (finely sliced)
• Take a large sized bowl & mix together soy sauce along with lime juice, sugar & sesame oil.
• Beat the mixture till the sugar melts completely.
• Now toss to combine finely sliced bell peppers along with the cabbage.
• In another medium sized bowl add the five spice powder along with the rice flour, salt & pepper.
• Pour the shrimps & stir well till the shrimp get coated properly.
• Now take a non-stick frying pan & heat oil on medium temperature.
• Add the shrimp & allow fry it for almost 3-5 minutes. Don’t forget to stir it frequently.
• Now pour the jalapenos & cook until the shrimps are thoroughly cooked.
• Remove from the heat & serve the dish after topping it with the cabbage mixture.
Submitted By: Souti