Papaya is an excellent antioxidant along with other necessary nutrients like- folate, vitamin B, magnesium, potassium & minerals. It has potential to resist colon cancer & improve the cardiovascular system. Papaya also contains papain, a digestive enzyme. This outstanding source of vitamin A & C can promote your immune system. Papaya is also a good remedy for flu & colds. Consumption of papaya is effective for intestines & stomach. Papaya juice is an effective remedy for nausea & is able to resist constipation.
1. Brown sugar (light) – 2 tbsp
2. Ground ginger- ¼ tsp
3. Papayas (medium size) – 2 (lengthwise cut into halves & seeded)
4. Lime- 1 (chop into 4 pieces)
5. Cayenne pepper- ¼ tsp
• At 450 degree preheat the oven.
• Take a small sized bowl & combine together ginger & sugar.
• In a 10 by 13 inch baking plate place the papaya, chopped side up.
• Scatter the sugar mixture over every piece.
• Now brush the dissolved sugar mixture 3-4 times, till the edges of papaya begins to become dark in colour (for almost 40-45 minutes).
• Remove from the oven & sprinkle the cayenne pepper & place lime wedges before serving.