Asparagus is an excellent way to keep your heart healthy. It has the potential to reduce the hypertension & resist the constipation problem. This source of glutathione & anti oxidant can resist deadly diseases like cancer. It is a rich supplier of anti inflammatory agents, which can act as a reliever of arthritis. Asparagus has also been recommended for controlling blood sugar level & also a good remedy against bloating. This outstanding source of calcium & folic acid can prevent the birth imperfections. It is also able to give you some relief from menstrual cramps. Asparagus also keeps your colon healthy & is able to detoxify your body.
1. Fresh asparagus spears – 12 (cleaned & trimmed)
2. Lemon juice (fresh)- 1 tbsp
3. Lemon zest (grated)- 1 tsp
4. Sweet brown mustard- 1 tbsp
5. Mayonnaise (light)- 2 tbsp
• For about 3-5 minutes blanch the asparagus in slightly salted boiling water (until they get tender).
• Don’t allow it to cook well.
• Take it off from the heat & place in cold water.
• Drain the water & place in a covered container.
• Keep it in the refrigerator till it becomes chilled.
• Now take a small size bowl & mix together lemon juice along with mustard & mayonnaise.
• Blend the mixture properly & add ½ tsp lemon peel.
• Stir well & place separately.
• Now transfer the asparagus in a serving dish and spread the dressing on the top.
• To garnish scatter the lemon peels along with edible flower (violets, pansies etc) & carrot strips.