Home Remedies for Cold and Cough
The common cold also known as viral rhinitis is a viral infection, a respiratory disorder which is characterized by nasal congestion, a clear, runny nose, sneezing, scratchy throat and general malaise. Cold is a respiratory disease caused by the bacteria Bordetella pertussis. A rapid expulsion of air from the lungs typically in order to clear the lung airways of fluids, mucus, or material. Also known as tussis. Or it is a voluntary /Involuntary forced expiration.
Home Remedies for Cold & Cough:
Common cold and cough home remedies that are very effective in relieving cold and cough are as follows
- Take 5ml of fresh tulsi and mix it in 10ml of pure honey. Take this daily at least twice a day.
- Mix 5ml of onion juice with 10ml of pure honey. Consume this mixture at least twice a day.
- Another effective natural cough remedy is to chew 4basil leaves and black pepper. This will relief your cough.
- Take ½ teaspoon of ginger juice with ½ teaspoon of honey, three times a day Warm the mixture by mixing a teaspoon of warm water in it especially in winter.
- Take garlic and boil them in water, then drink it. This is one of the useful home remedies for cough.
- One of the most useful remedies for cough is to take 1-2gm powder of fried turmeric with honey, thrice a day.
- Add 5-10 drops of eucalyptus, peppermint, pine, lavender, thyme, tea tree oil to a bowl of steaming water. Place your nose over the vapors and inhale, covering yourself with a towel and inhale deeply. This is one of the effective cure treatments.
- Take some mint and eucalyptuses leaves and boil them together in water and then inhale its vapors when it gets cooled. It will also help in relieving cough and cold.
- One of the natural ways to cure could and cough is to a take bath with a few drops of cinnamon in the bath water that can help in relieving congestion.
- Take hot water in a tub or bucket add some Vicks vaporub in it. Cover your head with the towel and then started inhaling by placing your nose over vapors. This also has been found to be effective in the common cold treatment.
- A cup of grape juice mixed with honey gives quick relief from cough.