Monosodium glutamate is a sodium salt. It is mostly used as a flavour enhancer, in Asian cuisines. A few trade names are- Ajinomoto, accent, vestin etc. But several studies have identified various side effects which need to be discussed.
• MSG can cause numbness in people.
• People also can experience a burning sensation.
• Headache along with nausea can also happen.
• Facial tightness as well as chest pain has also been found.
• As an MSG side effect under eye bags, excessive dryness, face swelling can also occur.
• As a MSG reaction people can even experience breathing disorders, drowsiness etc.
• Side effects like- sneezing, breathing disorders, runny nose can also happen.
• Various genital problems like- prostate swelling or vaginal swelling, frequent urination have also been identified.
• Several studies revealed that stomach cramps, bloating, diarrhoea etc have also been identified as MSG side effects.
• Some muscular disorders can also happen like- stiffness, joint pain etc.
• Swelling has also been found to be a typical symptom.
• Studies have found that side effects like- mood swings, shuddering, loss of balance, lethargy, behavioural problems (among children) etc can also arise.
• Some visual disorders like- focusing problem, blurred vision etc have also identified by various studies.
• Several individual studies showed that people experience excessive high or low blood pressure level, arterial fibrillation, palpitations, arrhythmia etc.