Cauliflower is a rich source of foliate, which is a good remedy for anemia & prevents heart ailments. It is also a great supplier of vitamin C, which esteemed as an anti-oxidants. Cauliflower can improve your immune system. Vitamin B is helpful for cell growth, so it is recommended for pregnant women most of the time. It’s an outstanding detoxifier for liver & blood. This fiber rich vegetable is beneficial for your colon’s health. It can also beneficial for people suffering from kidney and bladder disorders.
- Cauliflower- 2 (medium size), cut into florets ( you can use colourful cauliflower 5-6 cups)
- Garlic- 2 clove (chopped)
- Capers- 3 tbsp (drained)
- Parsley leaf- 1/4cup (minced)
- Salt & ground pepper- According to taste
- Olive oil (extra virgin)- 5-6 tbsp
- Champagne vinegar/ white wine vinegar- 2 tbsp
- Wash the cauliflower properly & keep in a steam basket.
- Place the basket over an inch of boiling water.
- Just for a minute cover the steam & again remove for 15-20 seconds.
- Put the lid back for about 8-10 minutes (boil until tender).
- Remove from the steamer & reinvigorate the florets with cold water & place on a paper napkin to soak the extra water.
- Now take a medium size bowl & add capers, garlic, olive oil, parsley & vinegar.
- Sprinkle salt & pepper to make a rich or strong flavour.
- Pour the boiled cauliflowers & mix (a salad) lightly until the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Stir frequently for almost 20-25 minutes & take it off from the heat.
- You can serve hot or let it cool & serve it at room temperature.